Chemical, biological and functional aspects of food lipids (Chemical and functional properties of food components series) (2nd Ed.) (Chemical & functional properties of food components) Series
Coordonnateurs : Sikorski Zdzislaw Z. E. , Kolakowska Anna
Based on years of academic and industrial research by an international panel of experts, Chemical, Biological, and Functional Properties of Food Lipids, Second Edition provides a concise, yet well-documented presentation of the current state of knowledge on lipids. Under the editorial guidance of globally recognized food scientists Zdislaw E. Sikorski and Anna Kolakowska, this completely revised and updated edition presents eight entirely new chapters.
Originally titled Chemical and Functional Properties of Food Lipids, this edition adds Biological to the title to reflect a far greater emphasis on the biological aspects of lipids. Among a wealth of ongoing and current topics, this essential resource —
- Familiarizes readers with the standard chemical nomenclature and properties of a large variety of lipids
- Examines the contents of lipids in plants, fish, milk, meat, and eggs
- Describes advances in methods of physical, chemical, and biochemical analyses
- Offers new information on phospholipids, sterols, and fat-soluble vitamins in foods
- Provides a biochemist’s view of lipid oxidation and antioxidants—crucial for the sensory and nutritive aspects of food quality
- Discusses modified lipids and fat mimetics, as well as those of special biological and physico-chemical activity
- Considers the importance of frying fats, lipid-proteins and lipid-saccharides interactions, and lipid contaminants in relation to food quality
Chemical, Biological, and Functional Properties of Food Lipids, Second Edition is an ideal reference for both professional and aspiring food scientists in both industry and academia. It contains all of the necessary information needed to control the rate of undesirable reactions in foods and select optimum storage and processing parameters for these delicate fats.
Date de parution : 11-2010
Ouvrage de 520 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 13 jours).
211,94 €Ajouter au panier