Introduction to general, organic and biological chemistry (4th ed'96)
Auteur : OUELLETTELangue : Anglais
Prix indicatif 80,59 €
Sous réserve de disponibilité chez l'éditeur.Ajouter au panier le livre de OUELLETTE
Ouvrage 782 p. · 23.5x17.8 cm · Relié
Résumé d'Introduction to general, organic and biological... :
- Using the chemistry of life as a unifying theme. This widely used text offers an integrated and balanced treatment of the fundamentals of chemistry for physical and biological science majors. Topics are woven together when appropriate by using organic examples in the general chemistry section and biochemical examples in the organic chemistry section. The text is written for the student who has no prior course in chemistry and whose mathematical background is limited.
Sommaire d'Introduction to general, organic and biological... :
- 1. Chemistry.
3. Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table.
4. Ionic Compounds.
5. Molecular Elements and Compounds.
6. Chemical Equations and Reactions.
7. Composition and Stoichiometry.
8. Gases, Liquids, and Solids.
10. Reactions Rates and Equilibrium.
11. Acid-Base Equilibria.
12. Nuclear Chemistry.
13. The Organization of Organic Chemistry.
14. Alkanes and Cycloalkanes.
15. Unsaturated Hydrocarbons.
16. Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers.
17. Aldehydes and Ketones.
18. Carboxylic Acids and Esters.
19. Amines and Amides.
20. The Organization of Biochemistry.
23. Amino Acids and Proteins.
25. Biochemical Energy.
26. Metabolism of Carbohydrates.
27. Metabolism of Triglycerides.
28. Metabolism of Proteins.
29. Nucleic Acids.
30. Body Fluids.
Appendix A. Scientific Notation and Significant Figures.
Appendix B. Glossary.
Appendix C. Answers to Problems.
Appendix D. Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises.
Commentaire d'Introduction to general, organic and biological... :
- An integrated presentation of general, organic, and biological chemistry. Organic examples are used in the general chemistry chapters. Pg. 10, 133, 140, biochemical examples are used in the organic chemistry chapters. Pg. 184, 235, 391, 399, 415, 447
- Careful development of basic problem-solving skills:
- End-of-chapter questions are arranged in pairs (odd questions are answered in an appendix). Pg. 165-168.
- Practice problems follow each worked example for immediate reinforcement of concepts. Pg. 206, 207.
- Many pharmaceutical, medicinal, and general interest subjects are used in the in-chapter examples and exercises. Pg. 261, 326, 387. End-of-chapter examples and exercises. Pg. 43, 331, 332.