Kindergarten Transition and Readiness , 1st ed. 2018 Promoting Cognitive, Social-Emotional, and Self-Regulatory Development
Coordonnateurs : Mashburn Andrew J., LoCasale-Crouch Jennifer, Pears Katherine C.
- Consistency in children?s classroom experiences and implications for early childhood development.
- Changes in school readiness in U.S. kindergarteners.
- Effective transitions to kindergarten for low-income children.
- The transition into kindergarten for English language learners.
- The role of close teacher-child relationships during the transition into kindergarten.
- Children?s temperament and its effect on their kindergarten transitions.
Andrew J. Mashburn, Ph.D., is a Professor of Developmental Psychology at Portland State University. His research focuses on identifying, developing, and testing innovative approaches to promote school readiness and later school success for children living in poverty. He has been involved in large-scale studies of the effects of preschool programs and strategies to improve preschool quality and/or children’s development.
Jennifer LoCasale-Crouch, Ph.D., is a Research Assistant Professor at the University of Virginia's Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning (CASTL). Her research focuses on the supports and systems that influence children during their early school experiences, and how we can best enhance those experiences to support children’s development. She has extensive experience in the design and implementation of studies in early childhood settings across varying cultural and geographic contexts.
Katherine C. Pears, Ph.D., is a Senior Scientist at the Oregon Social Learning Center in Eugene, OR. Her research focuses on factors influencing school readiness and school adjustment in children facing early adversity such as placement in foster care due to maltreatment and poverty. She has designed, tested, and implemented preventive interventions for high-risk children to prepare them and their caregivers for the kindergarten transition.
Date de parution : 06-2018
Ouvrage de 377 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 15 jours).
131,86 €Ajouter au panier