International Political Economy (6th Ed.) International Student Edition
Auteur : Oatley Thomas
New to the Sixth Edition
- Covers the economic impacts of 2016 electoral events, including new Trump administration initiatives related to TPP and NAFTA; the UK and Brexit, and the European populist wave.
- Examines the global financial crisis, EU debt crisis, quantitative easing, global capital flow cycles, and currency wars.
- Probes the death of the Doha Round and explores individualtrade preferences, WTO dispute settlement, bilateral investment treaties and global value chains, labor standards, and the role of institutions for economic development.
- Considers how U.S. monetary and fiscal policy shapes the flow of financial capital into and out of emerging market economies with a focus on the "Fragile Five," whether the Chinese Renminbi can displace the dollar as a global currency, and the newly constructed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- Explores the impact of migration on wages and income inequality, and the growing importance of working remittances as a source of capital for developing countries.
Chapter 1. International Political Economy
Chapter 2. The WTO and the World Trade System
Chapter 3. The Political Economy of International Trade Cooperation
Chapter 4. A Society-Centered Approach to Trade Politics
Chapter 5. A State-Centered Approach to Trade Politics
Chapter 6. Trade and Development I: Import Substitution Industrialization
Chapter 7. Trade and Development II: Neoliberalism and Institutionalism
Chapter 8. Multinational Corporations in the Global Economy
Chapter 9. The Politics of Multinational Corporations
Chapter 10. The International Monetary System
Chapter 11. Cooperation, Conflict, and Crisis in the Contemporary International Monetary System
Chapter 12. A Society-Centered Approach to Monetary and Exchange-Rate Policies
Chapter 13. A State-Centered Approach to Monetary and Exchange-Rate Policies
Chapter 14. Developing Countries and International Finance I: The Latin American Debt Crisis
Chapter 15. Developing Countries and International Finance II: The Global Capital Flow Cycle
Chapter 16. Achievements of and the Challenge to the Global Capitalist Economy
Date de parution : 08-2018
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 13 jours).
Prix indicatif 69,51 €Ajouter au panier