Renewable Energy Powered Desalination Handbook Application and Thermodynamics
Auteur : Gude Gnaneswar
Renewable Energy Powered Desalination Handbook: Applications and Thermodynamics offers a practical handbook on the use of renewable technologies to produce freshwater using sustainable methods. Sections cover the different renewable technologies currently used in the field, including solar, wind, geothermal and nuclear desalination. This coverage is followed by an equally important clear and rigorous discussion of energy recovery and the thermodynamics of desalination processes. While seawater desalination can provide a climate-independent source of drinking water, the process is energy-intensive and environmentally damaging. This book provides readers with the latest methods, processes, and technologies available for utilizing renewable energy applications as a valuable technology.
Desalination based on the use of renewable energy sources can provide a sustainable way to produce fresh water. It is expected to become economically attractive as the costs of renewable technologies continue to decline and the prices of fossil fuels continue to increase.
- Covers renewable energy sources, such as nuclear, geothermal, solar and wind powered desalination and energy storage and optimization
- Includes energy recovery schemes, optimization and process controls
- Elaborates on the principles of thermodynamics and second law efficiencies to improve process performance, including solar desalination
- Explains global applicability of solar, wind, geothermal and nuclear energy sources with case studies
- Discusses renewable energy-desalinated water optimization schemes for island communities
1. Introduction to renewable energy powered desalination 2. Solar Powered Desalination 3. Wind Powered Desalination 4. Geothermal Desalination - Potential Benefits and Considerations for Implementation 5. Geothermal Desalination to Address Water Supply Issues in GCC, MENA and Sub-Saharan Countries 6. Nuclear Desalination - State of the art 7. Impacts and Analysis of nuclear desalination 8. Desalination costs using renewable energy sources 9. Energy-water nexus islands 10. Energy Storage in Desalination 11. Energy Recovery Devices in Membrane Desalination Processes 12. Thermodynamic and thermoeconomic analysis of MED processes 13. Exergy analysis of MSF and other configurations 14. Exergy Analysis of Solar Desalination
Environmental Engineers, Chemical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Process Engineering, Engineers in Renewable Energy Systems
Date de parution : 03-2018
Ouvrage de 484 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
204,32 €Ajouter au panier