Environmental and Low Temperature Geochemistry
Auteur : Ryan Peter
Environmental and Low-Temperature Geochemistry presents conceptual and quantitative principles of geochemistry in order to foster understanding of natural processes at and near the earth’s surface, as well as anthropogenic impacts on the natural environment. It provides the reader with the essentials of concentration, speciation and reactivity of elements in soils, waters, sediments and air, drawing attention to both thermodynamic and kinetic controls. Specific features include:
• An introductory chapter that reviews basic chemical principles applied to environmental and low-temperature geochemistry
• Explanation and analysis of the importance of minerals in the environment
• Principles of aqueous geochemistry
• Organic compounds in the environment
• The role of microbes in processes such as biomineralization, elemental speciation and reduction-oxidation reactions
• Thorough coverage of the fundamentals of important geochemical cycles (C, N, P, S)
• Atmospheric chemistry
• Soil geochemistry
• The roles of stable isotopes in environmental analysis
• Radioactive and radiogenic isotopes as environmental tracers and environmental contaminants
• Principles and examples of instrumental analysis in environmental geochemistry.
PART I: FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES AND EARTH MATERIALS.
Chapter 1. Basic chemical principles: elements, ions, bonding, reactions.
Chapter 2. Surficial and environmental mineralogy.
Chapter 3. Biomineralization.
Chapter 4. Organic Geochemistry.
Chapter 5. Aqueous Systems.
Chapter 6: The Carbonate system: Inorganic carbon in the atmosphere, solutions, and minerals.
Chapter 7. Isotope Geochemistry.
PART II: EARTH-SURFACE SYSTEMS.
Chapter 8. The Atmosphere, Climate and Precipitation.
Chapter 9. Weathering, Soils and the Vadose Zone.
Chapter 10. Streams and Lakes.
Chapter 11. The Oceans.
Chapter 12. Aquifer Geochemistry.
Chapter 13. Sediments, Diagenesis and Deep Ground Water.
Chapter 14. Global Geochemical Cycles and Anthropogenic Impacts.
Date de parution : 05-2014
Ouvrage de 416 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 12 jours).
Prix indicatif 59,54 €Ajouter au panier