Discovery of Oyu Tolgoi A Case Study of Mineral and Geological Exploration
Auteurs : Diakov Sergei, Sanjdorj Samand, Jamsrandorj Galsan
Discovery of Oyu Tolgoi: A Case Study of Mineral and Geological Exploration is a detailed account of the exploration for copper deposits in Mongolia that was started in mid-90s by Magma Copper and then continued by BHP Billiton World Exploration Inc., which consequently lead to the discovery of Oyu Tolgoi, a major metal mine. In November 2017 Oyu Tolgoi celebrated its 20th anniversary of its discovery. This book commemorates this historical event for the global mining industry. The book includes details for various exploration methods and tools applied by the exploration team throughout the discovery. The models applied by the explorers also evolved over the course of execution of their exploration program, as did the knowledge in the team for regional geology and understanding of necessary geological conditions for a significant porphyry discovery.
- Includes a detailed description of the anthology of the Oyu Tolgoi mine discovery, a major copper-gold porphyry deposit
- Offers practical lessons for exploration companies through coverage not only of the critical factors that lead to the success of the discovery, but also the institutional factors that hindered the discovery
- Features nearly 70 never-before-seen full-color illustrations and photos of Oyu Tolgoi
2. Initiation of Exploration - First Regional Reconnaissance
3. Third field season - Prospecting for Copper Porphyry Systems
4. Drilling Results 5. Prospecting for copper and Gold
6. Integrated Approach to Resource Development
7. Corporate Changes in BHP
8. Search for Investors
9. Agreement with Ivanhoe Mines
10. First period of Ivanhoe Mines Investment
11. New corporate changes in BHP
12. Ivanhoe Achieving Full Ownership of Oyu Tolgoi
13. BHP Final Departure from the Project
Geologists, geochemists, geophysicists, exploration geologists, mineralogists, and the mining industry
Graduate of the Irkutsk Polytechnic Institute 1973, Sanjdorj worked in the mining industry of Mongolia for more than 40 years. Participated in the search and exploration of ground water resources across Mongolia. He was supervising water exploration, environment protection and geology. Sanjdorj is Emeritus Vice President of the Oyu Tolgoi Company. He has been awarded a title of Honorary Worker of the Industry of Mongolia. He is currently a Consultant for the company.
A graduate of the Irkutsk Polytechnic Institute 1975, Jamsrandorj started his career in the Darkhan geological expedition of Mongolia. He is an expert in gold and uranium exploration. Jamsrandorj is a discoverer of gold placer deposits Buhlei and Zaamar. Jamsrandorj has more than 40 years of experience working in various management positions in the scientific and industrial exploration industry of Mongolia.
Date de parution : 11-2018
Ouvrage de 200 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
171,65 €Ajouter au panier