Active tectonics : Earthquakes, uplift & landscape, 2nd ed.
Auteurs : KELLER Edward A., PINTER Nicholas
- 1. Introduction to Active Tectonics: Emphasizing Earthquakes.
2. Landforms, Tectonic Geomorphology and Quaternary Chronology.
4. Geomorphic Indicators of Active Tectonics.
5. Active Tectonics and Rivers.
6. Active Tectonics and Coastlines.
7. Active Folding and Earthquakes.
8. Paleoseismology and Earthquake Prediction.
9. Mountain Building.
- NEW - Completely updated - Adding the recent events in Turkey and Taiwan.
- NEW - Increased material on Quaternary chronology - Includes lichen chronology and micro stratigraphy of desert varnish.
- NEW - Geodesy completely updated - Focuses on new advances in the technology and new applications to geology and tectonics.
- NEW - New studies - Includes research in the Olympic Mountains, Nepal, Australia, Taiwan, the Himalayas, and the New Madrid seismic zone of the central United States.
- The cutting edge of this rapidly evolving field - Reflected, with completely up-to-date data and the very latest scientific finding and technological breakthroughs.
- Concise presentation of the material - Makes this text flexible enough to be used as a primary text (active tectonic
Date de parution : 01-2000
Ouvrage de 362 p.
Thème d’Active tectonics : Earthquakes, uplift & landscape, 2nd ed. :
Ces ouvrages sont susceptibles de vous intéresser
The analysis of diffuse triple junction zones in plate tectonics and the Pirate model of western Caribbean tectonics 42,15 €
Dynamic Tectonics and Karst 147,69 €