Vibration-Induced Segregation in Bulk Solids Systems
Auteurs : Rosato Anthony, Windows-Yule Christopher
Vibration-Induced Segregation in Bulk Solids Systems explains all of the individual mechanisms that influence segregation of granular media under vibration, and how they interact. Drawing on research from a wide range of academic disciplines, the book focuses on vibrated granular systems as they are used in industry, providing a guide that will solve practical problems as well as helping researchers.
The applications of vibration-based segregation in industries including pharmaceuticals, mining, food, and chemical processing are all investigated with examples. All of the relevant theory behind the behavior of granular media and segregation processes is explained, along with investigations of the technologies and techniques which can be used to investigate them.
- Analyses all phenomena involved in vibration-based segregation of bulk solids, including those relating to size, material properties, and shape
- Explores how different segregation mechanisms interact
- Compares different technologies for investigating granular media, including PIV, MRI, and x-ray tomography
- Explains how to use computational techniques to model the behavior of granular media, including DM, CFD, and FEM
2. Investigative Approaches
3. Segregation Measures and Testing Devices
4. Behaviour of Vibrated Systems
5. Segregation Promoted by Size
6. Effects of Material Properties on Segregation
7. Effects of Particle Shape on Segregation
8. Systems Driven by Multiple Segregation Mechanisms
9. Perspective on the State of the Art and Future Outlook
Engineers working in mining, pharmaceutical, agriculture, food processing, ceramics, powder metallurgy, plastics, oil, gas and chemical processing industries, also graduate students and researchers in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering, physics, and geophysics with an interest in granular flow.
Christopher Windows-Yule is a Post-doctoral Research Associate at the University of Twente, Netherlands, and an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Birmingham, UK. He also works for Mercury Lab, a consultancy which carries out training and research on behalf of companies involved with granular and particulate materials.
Date de parution : 11-2019
Ouvrage de 544 p.
À paraître, réservez-le dès maintenant
Prix indicatif 177,10 €Ajouter au panier