Optical Wireless Communications for Broadband Global Internet Connectivity Fundamentals and Potential Applications
Auteur : Majumdar Arun K.
Optical Wireless Communications for Broadband Global Internet Connectivity provides a comprehensive overview for readers who require information about the fundamental science behind optical wireless communications, as well as up-to-date advanced knowledge of the state-of-the-art technologies available today. The book is a useful resource for scientists, researchers, engineers and students interested in understanding optical wireless communications system for global channels. The reader benefits from the knowledge of how related technologies of optical wireless communications can be integrated into achieving worldwide Internet connectivity.
- In-depth coverage of information on optical wireless communication in a single source
- Combines the fundamentals with the most recent advanced technology of achieving global Internet access and connectivity
- Provides derivations of the mathematical equations
- Very coherent structure between the chapters where information and learning from one chapter is connected to that of other chapters
1. Introduction 2. Basics of Global broadband wireless access: Architectures for worldwide access and connectivity 3. Last Mile Problem re-visited with potential solution for broadband connectivity 4. Fundamentals of Free Space Optical Communications Systems, Optical Channels, Characterization and Network/Access Technology 5. Some related technology concepts to enhance optical wireless link connectivity 6. OWC links between Single and Multiple Platforms (UAVs, Balloons/Drones/HAPs, Satellites): Performance Analysis 7. OWC/FSO Communication System for Global Internet Connectivity/access: System concept, analysis and architecture 8. Principles and Implementation of Secure Optical Wireless Communications 9. Recent Developments of Satellite-based Laser Communication 10. Free Space Optical Communications: role and integration with Internet of Things (IoT) 11. Potential Applications for broadband global connectivity 12. Conclusions
Scientists and researchers in academia and industry, optical engineers and (post)-graduate students working in the field of Optical Wireless Communications
He received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of California, Irvine.
Date de parution : 10-2018
Ouvrage de 412 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
171,65 €Ajouter au panier