Transportation, Energy Use and Environmental Impacts
Auteur : D'Agosto Marcio de Almeida
Transportation, Energy Use and Environmental Impacts show researchers, students, and professionals the important connection between transportation planning, energy use, and emissions.
Transportation, Energy Use and Environmental Impacts examines the major transportation activities, components, systems, and subsystems by mode. It closely explores the resulting environmental impacts from transport planning, construction, and decommissioning of transportation systems.
The book discusses transportation planning procedures from an energy use standpoint, offering guidelines to make transportation more energy consumption efficient. It looks at propulsion and energy use systems, focusing on road transportation, railway, waterway, pipeline, and air. The book addresses transport energy sources and their supply chains, along with air pollutants and greenhouse gases emissions. The book concludes by examining the environmental impacts associated with noise, vibration, visual intrusion, and waste generation.
- Shows the relationship between road, rail, maritime, air and pipeline transportation activities with fuel use and pollution, greenhouse gases, and waste
- Comprehensive approach covering transportation systems planning, design, and infrastructure construction
- Synthesizes the needed information and data to explain how to improve transportation systems performance
- Includes learning aids such as cases from around the globe, glossary, extensive bibliography, as well as chapters objectives, summaries, and exercises
1. Transportation, an introductory view 2. Planning, design and construction of infrastructure for transportation systems and their environmental impacts 3. Transport planning and energy use 4. Propulsion systems and energy use 5. Transport energy sources 6. Air pollution and greenhouse gas 7. Noise pollution, vibration, visual intrusion and solid and liquid waste output
1) Advanced students and researchers in Transportation, Urban Planning, Engineering, Logistics, and Environmental Science, 2) Practitioners such as transport planners, urban planners, transportation engineers, civil engineers, and environment engineers, 3) Transport policy makers and city officials
Date de parution : 06-2019
Ouvrage de 256 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
Prix indicatif 121,37 €Ajouter au panier