Ordinary Differential Equations , 1st ed. 2018 Mathematical Tools for Physicists
Auteur : Tahir-Kheli Raza
This textbook describes rules and procedures for the use of Differential Operators (DO) in Ordinary Differential Equations (ODE). The book provides a detailed theoretical and numerical description of ODE. It presents a large variety of ODE and the chosen groups are used to solve a host of physical problems. Solving these problems is of interest primarily to students of science, such as physics, engineering, biology and chemistry.
Scientists are greatly assisted by using the DO obeying several simple algebraic rules. The book describes these rules and, to help the reader, the vocabulary and the definitions used throughout the text are provided. A thorough description of the relatively straightforward methodology for solving ODE is given. The book provides solutions to a large number of associated problems. ODE that are integrable, or those that have one of the two variables missing in any explicit form are also treated with solved problems. The physics and applicable mathematics are explained and many associated problems are analyzed and solved in detail. Numerical solutions are analyzed and the level of exactness obtained under various approximations is discussed in detail.
1. Ordinary Differential Equations: Theory and Practice.
2. The Runge-Kutta approximation: Linear Ordinary Differential Equation
3. Bernouilli Equation: Ordinary Differential Equation
4. Clairaut Equation: Ordinary Differential Equation
5. Lagrange Equation: Ordinary Differential Equation
6. Euler Equation: Ordinary Differential Equation
7. Method of Undetermined Coefficients: Linear Ordinary Differential Equation
8. Exact and Inexact Differential Equations
9. Factorable Differential Equations
10. Order Reduction of Differential Equations
11. Under-Damped Anharmonic Motion
12. Critically Damped Anharmonic Motion
13. Over Damped Anharmonic Motion
14. Electric Current and Charge transfer in finite and infinite arrays of Resistors15. Electric Current and Charge transfer in finite and infinite arrays of Inductors
16. Electric Current and Charge transfer in finite and infinite arrays of Capacitors
17. Finite and Infinite arrays of Conductors, Inductors and Capacitors
18. Frobenius Solution
19. Bessels Equations
20. Numerical Solution
Raza A. Tahir-Kheli studied physics at Islamia College, Peshawar (Pakistan) before joining, in October 1955, Oriel College, University of Oxford. He completed the degrees of Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy in 1962.
His employment was:
(1) Junior Demonstrator, Oxford University October (1958) to June (1960)(2) Research Associate-Teaching, University of Pennsylvania, Department of Physics, (1962) to (1964).
(3) Atomic Energy Commission, Pakistan . (1964) to (1966)
(4) Temple University, Philadelphia PA 19122. USA:
Assistant Professor of Physics, (1966)-(1968)
Associate Professor of Physics, (1968)-(1971)
Professor of Physics, (1971) to July, (2011)
Professor Emeritus (2011)
His other employments including sabbaticals were:Royal Society Visiting Professor, Department of Theoretical Physics, University of Oxford (1982)
Two sabbaticals, at the Dept. of Theoretical Physics, University of Oxford
Professeur de Echange, Centre Scientifique, d'Orsay, France
Sabbatical at Department of Physics, University of California, at Santa Barbara.
Visiting Professor, Institut Laue -Langevin, Grenoble ,France
Sabbatical at Max-Planck Institut fuer Physik
Provides a large numbers of appropriate problems and worked out solutions
Date de parution : 02-2019
Ouvrage de 416 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 15 jours).
Prix indicatif 137,14 €Ajouter au panier