Thermal Hydraulics Aspects of Liquid Metal cooled Nuclear Reactors
Coordonnateur : Roelofs Ferry
Thermal Hydraulics Aspects of Liquid Metal cooled Nuclear Reactors is a comprehensive collection of liquid metal thermal hydraulics research and development for fast nuclear reactor applications. A deliverable of the SESAME H2020 project, this book is written by top European experts who discuss topics of note that are supplemented by an international contribution from U.S. partners within the framework of the NEAMS program under the U.S. DOE. This book is a convenient source for students, professionals and academics interested in liquid metal thermal hydraulics in nuclear applications. In addition, it will also help newcomers become familiar with current techniques and knowledge.
- Presents the latest information on one of the deliverables of the SESAME H2020 project
- Provides an overview on the design and history of liquid metal cooled fast reactors worldwide
- Describes the challenges in thermal hydraulics related to the design and safety analysis of liquid metal cooled fast reactors
- Includes the codes, methods, correlations, guidelines and limitations for liquid metal fast reactor thermal hydraulic simulations clearly
- Discusses state-of-the-art, multi-scale techniques for liquid metal fast reactor thermal hydraulics applications
1. Introduction to liquid metal reactors, designs, history, background 2. Thermo-hydraulic challenges in HLM reactors 3. Experiments with HLM 4. System Thermal-hydraulics 5. Sub channel codes 6. CFD 7. Verification and Validation 8. Multi-scale approaches 9. Uncertainty Quantification 10. Best Practice Guidelines 11. Conclusions
Professionals (vendors, utilities, industry, academia) and (post-) graduate students who are employed or new to the field of liquid metal thermal hydraulics in nuclear applications
• Vice chair of the project management board and WP coordinator within the EU FP7 THINS project.
• Subproject coordinator within the EU FP7 ARCHER project.
• WP coordinator within the EU FP6 project EUROTRANS in the DEMETRA domain.
He is also the Dutch representative within the IAEA technical working group for fast reactors. He has published about 150 scientific articles, many of which deal with SESAME related subjects. Of particular interest to and serving as basis for the SESAME project are his publications at the NURETH and FR13 conferences in 2013 and 2015 and at the IAEA Meeting on Modelling and Simulation in 2014.
Date de parution : 12-2018
Ouvrage de 300 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
209,76 €Ajouter au panier