Textbook of Medical Mycology (4th Ed.)
Auteur : Chander Jagdish
Medical mycology refers to the study of fungi that produce disease in humans and other animals, and of the diseases they produce, their ecology, and their epidemiology.
This new edition has been fully revised to provide microbiologists with the latest information on fungal infections, covering the entire spectrum of different types of infection, and therapeutic modalities.
Beginning with a general overview explaining morphology, taxonomy, and diagnosis, the following sections cover the different categories of fungal infection including superficial cutaneous mycoses, subcutaneous mycoses, systemic mycoses and opportunistic mycoses. A complete section is dedicated to pseudofungal infections.
The highly illustrated text concludes with a detailed appendices section and each chapter features key references for further reading.
- Fully revised, fourth edition providing latest information on the diagnosis and management of fungal infections
- Covers the entire spectrum of mycoses
- Highly illustrated with clinical photographs and figures
- Previous edition (9788188039780) published in 2009
Section 1. General Topics in Medical Mycology
Section 2. Superficial Cutaneous Mycoses
- Tinea Nigra
Section 3. Subcutaneous Mycoses
Section 4. Systemic Mycoses
Section 5. Opportunistic Mycoses
- Talaromyces Marneffei Infections
- Miscellaneous Opportunistic Mycoses
Section 6. Miscellaneous Mycoses
- Adiaspiromycosis and Emmonsiosis
- Allergic Fungal Diseases
- Fungal Rhinosinusitis
- Mycotoxicoses and Mycetismus
- Common Fungal Laboratory Contaminants
Section 7. Pseudofungal Infections
- Protothecosis and Algal Diseases
- Pythiosis and Lagenidiosis
Section 8. Appendices
- A Fungal Culture Media
- B Fungal Reagents and Stainings
- C Conventional Mycological Techniques
- D Antifungal Susceptibility Testing
- E Quality Controls and Preservation of Fungi
- F Bibliography
- G Glossary
Jagdish Chander MD DNB MAMS
Professor and Head, Department of Microbiology, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, Haryana, India
Date de parution : 11-2017
Ouvrage de 905 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
Prix indicatif 172,55 €Ajouter au panier