Textbook of Kinesiology
Auteur : Bindal VD
Kinesiology is the study of human and nonhuman animal-body movements, performance, and function by applying the sciences of biomechanics, anatomy, physiology, psychology, and neuroscience.
This book is a guide to human kinesiology for physiotherapists.
Divided into three sections, the text begins with an introduction to the field, anatomical and physiological fundamentals of human motion, and biomechanics.
The following section covers joint and muscle movement in different regions of the body, from shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist, to pelvis, hip, knee, ankle and foot, and spine.
The final chapters discuss posture and movement and the application of kinesiology to daily life activities, sports skills and prevention of sports injuries.
The comprehensive text is further enhanced by clinical photographs, illustrations and tables.
- Comprehensive guide to human kinesiology for physiotherapists
- Provides clear understanding of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics
- Covers joint and muscle movement in all regions of the body
- Discusses application of kinesiology to daily life activities, sports and prevention of injuries
Section I: Introduction and Fundamentals
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Kinesiology
- Chapter 2: Anatomical and Physiological Fundamentals of Human Motion
- Chapter 3: Basic Biomechanical Concepts
Section II: Kinesiology of Body Regions
- Chapter 4: Shoulder Girdle
- Chapter 5: Shoulder
- Chapter 6: Elbow and Radioulnar Joints
- Chapter 7: Wrist and Hand
- Chapter 8: Pelvic Girdle
- Chapter 9: Hip
- Chapter 10: Knee
- Chapter 11: Ankle and Foot
- Chapter 12: Spine
Section III: Motor Skills: Principles and Applications
- Chapter 13: Posture
- Chapter 14: Locomotion
- Chapter 15: Application of Kinesiology to Selected Daily Life Activities and Sports
- Chapter 16: Prevention of Sports Injuries: The Mechanical and Kinesiological Viewpoint
VD Bindal PhD LPT
Associate Professor and Head, Division of Physiotherapy, Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
Date de parution : 06-2018
Ouvrage de 238 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
Prix indicatif 56,29 €Ajouter au panier