Auteur : Passias Peter
Cervical Myelopathy is a comprehensive guide to the treatment of compression of the spinal cord in the neck, as a result of spinal stenosis. This book is edited by Pete Passias, Adult and Paediatric Scoliosis and Spinal Deformity Specialist at the New York University Medical College, ensuring authoritative content throughout.
The book is comprised of six sections, divided into 24 chapters. The introductory section covers the anatomy of the skull base and cervical spine, and diagnosis of cervical myelopathy. Further sections cover outcomes of conservative management and surgery, diagnostic aetiologies, surgical management, cervical deformities, and the setting of spine tumours.
Surgical procedures covered in the book include laminectomy, laminoplasty and total disc replacement. Cervical Myelopathy contains 300 full colour images, further enhancing this guide for all orthopaedic surgeons.
- Guide to treatment of compressed spinal cord in the neck
- Edited by Pete Passias, Adult and Paediatric Scoliosis and Spinal Deformity Specialist at the New York University Medical College
- 300 full colour images
Part I: Introduction
- Anatomy and Embryology of the Skull Base and Cervical Spine
- Cervical Biomechanics and Clinical Instability
- Cervical Alignment
- Clinical Diagnosis of Cervical Myelopathy
Part II: Outcomes
- Natural History of Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy
- Influence of Conservative Management on Outcomes
- Influence of Surgical Intervention on Outcomes
Part III: Distinct Diagnostic Etiologies
- Cervical Amyotrophy
- Rheumatologic Disorders of the Cervical Spine
- Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal LIgament
- Os Odontoideum
- Atlantoaxial Dislocations
- Basilar Invagination
- Congenital Abnormalities of the Cervical Spine
Part IV: Surgical Management
- Surgical Management of Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy: Anterior Techniques
- Cervical Laminectomy With or Without Fusion
- Cervical Laminoplasty: Techniques and Outcomes
- Instrumentation Techniques of the Occiput, Upper Cervical Spine, and Subaxial Spine
- Neurological and Vascular Complications after Surgery for Cervical Myelopathy
Part V: Cervical Myelopathy in the Setting of Cervical Deformities
- Cervical Myelopathy in the Setting of Cervical Deformities
Part VI: Cervical Myelopathy in the Setting of Spine Tumors
- Cervical Myelopathy in the Setting of Metastatic Tumors in the Spine
- Cervical Myelopathy in the Setting of Intramedullary Spinal Cord Tumors
- The Role of Total Disk Replacement in the Treatment of Cervical Myelopathy
Adult & Pediatric Scoliosis and Spinal Deformity Specialist, Assistant Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hospital for Joint Diseases, NYU Langone Medical Centre, Assistant Clinical, Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, New York University Medical College
Date de parution : 02-2015
Ouvrage de 600 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
Prix indicatif 204,56 €Ajouter au panier