Industrial Applications of Renewable Plastics Environmental, Technological, and Economic Advances Plastics Design Library Series
Auteur : Biron Michel
Industrial Applications of Renewable Plastics: Environmental, Technological, and Economic Advances provides practical information to help engineers and materials scientists deploy renewable plastics in the plastics market. It explores the uses, possibilities, and problems of renewable plastics and composites to assist in material selection and rejection. The designer?s main problems are examined, along with basic reminders that deal with structures and processing methods that can help those who are generally familiar with metals understand the unique properties of plastic materials.
The book offers a candid overview of main issues, including conservation of fossil resources, geopolitical considerations, greenhouse effects, competition with food crops, deforestation, pollution, and disposal of renewable plastics. In addition, an overview of some tools related to sustainability (Life cycle assessments, CO2 emissions, carbon footprint, and more) is provided.
The book is an essential resource for engineers and materials scientists involved in material selection, design, manufacturing, molding, fabrication, and other links in the supply chain of plastics. The material contained is of great relevance to many major industries, including automotive and transport, packaging, aeronautics, shipbuilding, industrial and military equipment, electrical and electronics, energy, and more.
- Provides key, enabling information for engineers and materials scientists looking to increase the use of renewable plastic materials in their work
- Presents practical guidance to assist in materials selection, processing methods, and applications development, particularly for designers more familiar with other materials, such as metals
- Includes a candid discussion of the pros and cons of using renewable plastics, considering the technical, economic, legal, and environmental aspects
1. Outline of the Actual Situation of Plastics Compared to Conventional Materials
2. Genesis of Renewable Plastics and Integration in the Plastics Stream
3. Recycling: The First Source of Renewable Plastics
4. Renewable Plastics Derived From Natural Polymers
5. Biobricks: The Breakthrough of Drop-In Solutions
6. Renewable Alloys, Compounds, Composites, and Additives
7. Environmental Impact of Renewable Plastics: Pros and Cons, Indicators
8. Application Examples
9. Renewable Plastics and Ingredients: Economic Overview
10. Future Prospects
de Rouen and Polymer Specialist from the Institut Français du Caoutchouc. He has authored numerous technical papers and books on plastics.
Date de parution : 11-2016
Ouvrage de 632 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
198,88 €Ajouter au panier