Oral Bioavailability Assessment Basics and Strategies for Drug Discovery and Development Wiley Series on Pharmaceutical Science and Biotechnology: Practices, Applications and Methods Series
Auteur : El–Kattan Ayman F.
Directeur de Collection : Lee Mike S.
• Describes approaches to assess pharmacokinetics and how drug efflux and uptake transporters impact oral bioavailability
• Helps readers reduce the failure rate of drug candidates when transitioning from the bench to the clinic during development
• Explains how preclinical animal models – used in preclinical testing – and in vitro tools translate to humans, which is an underappreciated and complicated area of drug development
• Includes chapters about pharmacokinetic modelling, the Biopharmaceutics Drug Disposition Classification System (BDDCS), and the Extended Clearance Classification System (ECCS)
• Has tutorials for applying strategies to medicinal chemistry practices of drug discovery/development
- 2. GIT Anatomy and Physiology and Drug Oral Bioavailability: Impact of Species Differences
- 3. Drug Routes of Excretion
- 4. Physicochemical and Biopharmaceutical Properties that Affect Drug Absorption of Compounds Absorbed by Passive Diffusion
- 5. Physicochemical and Biopharmaceutical Factors Affecting Hepatic/Intestinal First-Pass Effect
- 6. Impact of Intestinal Efflux Transporters on Oral Absorption
- 7. Impact of Influx Transporters on Drug Absorption
- 8. Extended Clearance Classification System (ECCS) and its Utility in Predicting Clearance Rate-Determining Step in Drug Discovery
- 9. In Vitro and In Situ Approaches to Measure Intestinal Permeability and Efflux Transporters
- 10. In Silico Approaches to Predict Intestinal Permeability
- 11. In Vivo Preclinical Approaches to Deconvolute The Contribution of First-Pass Effect from Oral Absorption
- 12. In Vitro Approaches to Assess Hepatic Metabolism and First-Pass Effect
- 13. The Utility of ECCS as a Roadmap to Improve Oral Bioavailability of New Molecular Entities: Industrial Perspective
Date de parution : 08-2017
Ouvrage de 436 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 12 jours).
Prix indicatif 183,90 €Ajouter au panier