Transforming U.S. Energy Innovation
Coordonnateurs : Diaz Anadon Laura, Bunn Matthew, Narayanamurti Venkatesh
One of the greatest challenges facing human civilization is the provision of secure, affordable energy without causing catastrophic environmental damage. As the world's largest economy, and as a world leader in energy technologies, the United States is a particularly important case. In the light of increased competition from other countries (particularly China), growing concerns about the local and global environmental impacts of the energy system, an ever-present interest in energy security, and the realization that technological innovation takes place in a complex ecosystem involving a wide range of domestic and international actors, this volume provides a comprehensive and analytical assessment of the role that the US government should play in energy technology innovation. It will be invaluable for policy makers in energy innovation and for researchers studying energy innovation, future energy technologies, climate-change mitigation, and innovation management. It will act as a supplementary textbook for courses on energy and innovation. Students, researchers and policy makers can use this text to familiarize themselves with questions that continue to worry us concerning US technology policy. Analyzes how different technologies might interact, complementing or competing with each other. Explores how the US government can maximize the returns on its energy innovation investments.
1. The need to transform US energy innovation Matthew Bunn, Laura Diaz Anadon and Venkatesh Narayanamurti
2. Expanding, and improving targeting of, US investment in energy innovation: an analytical approach Laura Diaz Anadon, Gabriel Chan and Audrey Lee
3. Reforming US energy innovation institutions: maximizing the return on investment Nathaniel Logar, Venkatesh Narayanamurti and Laura Diaz Anadon
4. Encouraging private-sector energy technology innovation and public-private cooperation Charles Jones, Laura Diaz Anadon and Venkatesh Narayanamurti
5. Maximizing the benefit from international energy innovation cooperation Ruud Kempener, Matthew Bunn and Laura Diaz Anadon
6. Transforming US energy innovation: how do we get there? Laura Diaz Anadon, Venkatesh Narayanamurti and Matthew Bunn.
Date de parution : 07-2014
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
Prix indicatif 98,80 €Ajouter au panier