Sustainable Resource Recovery and Zero Wastes Approaches
Coordonnateurs : Taherzadeh Mohammad, Bolton Kim, Wong Jonathan, Pandey Ashok
Sustainable Resource Recovery and Zero Wastes Approaches covers waste reduction, biological, thermal and recycling methods of waste recovery, and their conversion into a variety of products. In addition, the social, economical and environmental aspects are also explored, making this a useful textbook for environmental courses and a reference book for both universities and companies.
- Provides a novel approach on how to achieve zero wastes in a society
- Shows the roadmap on achieving Sustainable Development Goals
- Considers critical aspects of municipal waste management
- Covers recent developments in waste biorefinery, thermal processes, anaerobic digestion, material recycling and landfill mining
1. Agricultural, industrial, municipal and forestry wastes: an overview 2. Life cycle assessments of waste managements 3. Waste refinery 4. An Overview of Solid Waste Management toward Zero Landfill: A Swedish Model 5. Factors affecting development of waste management 6. Sustainable Management of Solid Waste 7. Laws and Regulations Governing Waste Management: Institutional Arrangements Regarding Waste Management 8. Source Separation of Household Waste: Technology and Social Aspects 9. Composting of Wastes 10. Vermicomposting of wastes 11. Biogas from Wastes: Processes and Applications 12. Combustion of Wastes in Combined Heat and Power Plants 13. Gasification and Pyrolysis of Waste 14. Syngas fermentation for biofuels and biomaterials productions 15. Metal Recycling 16. Material and Energy Recovery from Electrical and Electronic Equipment Waste: Status, Challenges, and Opportunities 17. Recycling of Thermoset Composites and plastics 18. Recycling of Papers and Fibers 19. Product Design for Material Recovery 20. Landfill Mining: On the Potential and Multifaceted Challenges for Implementation
Primary: Students (BSc, MSc and PhD) who study environmental engineering and relevant subjects, ie Bio-chemical Engineering and Biotechnology
Secondary: Municiaplities, Companies that work on relevant topics
Prof. Jonathan Wong is currently a Professor in the Department of Biology at the Hong Kong Baptist University, and Director of the Institute of Bioresource and Agriculture, and Sino-Forest Applied Research Centre for Pearl River Delta Environment and Hong Kong Organic Resource Centre. He is also the Executive Director of Earth Tech Consultancy Co. Ltd. and Hong Kong Organic Resource Centre Certification Ltd. Prof Wong has been working in the area of solid waste management with specialization in bioconversion of organic wastes using innovative composting and anaerobic digestion technology especially in the field of sustainable food waste treatment and conversion technologies for the production of bio-methane, compost etc. Over the years, he has received over HK$150 millions of research funding and published over 400 SCI publication and conference proceedings, 6 Books and 11 research patents with citation of > 10100 and H-index of 58. Professor Wong is an Academician of European Academy of Sciences and Arts, and fellow of Institute of Bioresource Association an
Date de parution : 07-2019
Ouvrage de 366 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
135,60 €Ajouter au panier