Climate Change Impacts on Soil Processes and Ecosystem Properties Developments in Soil Science Series, Vol. 35
Climate Change Impacts on Soil Processes and Ecosystem Properties, Volume 35 presents current and emerging soil science research in the areas of soil processes and climate change, while also evaluating future research needs. The book combines the five areas of soil science (microbiology, physics, fertility, pedology and chemistry) to give a comprehensive assessment. This integration of topics is rarely done in a single publication due to the disciplinary nature of the soil science areas. Users will find it to be a comprehensive resource on the topic.
- Provides an analysis of all areas of soil science in the context of climate change impact on soil processes and ecosystem properties
- Presents information that is displayed in an accessible form for practitioners and disciplines outside of soil science
- Contains a concluding section in each chapter which assesses key areas
- Includes a discussion on future research directions
1. Global change: definitions, consequences and the future 2. Soils and ancient civilizations 3. Understanding ecosystem transformations through soil processes 4. Role of soil carbon in stabilizing the global carbon cycle 5. Role of mineralogy and climate in the soil carbon cycle 6. Soil microbial diversity and function in a changing world 7. Climate induced change of microbial communities in extreme environments 8. Nitrous oxide production from soils in the future 9. Methane production and consumption from soils and sediments under climate change 10. Future agricultural productivity in climate change impacted soils 11. Climate change impacts on subboreal soils 12. Sustainability of climate change impacted tropical soils 13. Climate change impacts on Mollisols "Breadbasket soils"' 14. Arid soils in an uncertain climate future 15. Soil restoration considerations as climate changes 16. Remote sensing as a tool to assess climate impacted soils 17. Soil research needs in the Anthropocene epoch
Date de parution : 10-2018
Ouvrage de 625 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
Prix indicatif 182,55 €Ajouter au panier