I-Mode Developer's Guide, paperback
Auteurs : WALLACE Paul, HOFFMANN Andrea, SCUKA Daniel, BLUT Zev, BARROW Kyle
Everything you need to build a killer I-Mode application, static Web page, or dynamic I-Mode Web site.
- This is the first book in English on this important wireless technology.
- Written by professional developers, this comprehensive guide gives the readers a succinct introduction and overview of the technology, a brief discussion of its successful business model, and a thorough understanding of building dynamic I-Mode sites and applications.
- I-Mode is a complete wireless Internet service, which currently has more than 21 million subscribers in Japan. In Japan, it has been gaining approximately 1 million new subscribers per month. Poised to go global, this proprietary system based on cHTML is owned by NTT/DoCoMo who has recently partnered with AT&T in the United States, and AOL in Japan to expand the service offering. It is scheduled for release in the United States late in 2001 or early in 2002.
Paul Wallace, holds a Ph.D. in Instructional Design and Technology and specializes in user experience for information systems including multimedia, Web, WAP, and I-Mode.
Andrea Hoffman is currently the Editor in Chief/Technical Director of Mobile Media Japan
MikeTuppola is an experience Web application developer focusing on security, and building dynamic I-Mode Web sites.
Daniel Scuka is the Editor at large for J@pan-Inc.
I. THE I-MODE MOBILE INTERNET.1. The i-mode Phenomenon.
2. Handset and Service Features.
3. Network and Delivery Protocols.
4. The i-mode Business Model.
II. TOWARD 3G MOBILE SERVICES.5. Global Mobile Networks.
6. Comparing WAP and i-mode Features.
7. Current and Future i-mode Capabilities.
8. Wireless Location-Based Services.
III. HOW TO BUILD I-MODE SITES.9. Introduction to i-mode Development.
10. Using Emulators and Simulators.
11. Creating Page Structure and Lists.
12. Working with Text Formatting.
13. Applying Design to Text and Body.
14. Adding Images to i-mode Pages.
15. Linking i-mode Resources.
16. Adding Structure with Tables.
17. Creating i-mode Forms.
18. Developing Animations and Wallpaper.
19. Working with iMelody Ringtones.
IV. DESIGNING FOR SMALL SCREENS.20. Interaction Design for Small Screens.
21. Intelligent Interface and Personalization.
22. Optimizing Your Mobile Internet Site.
V. BUILDING DYNAMIC I-MODE APPLICATIONS.23. Application Security and Session Management.
24. Advanced i-mode Server Techniques.
25. Creating an XML i-mode Application.
26. Building a Dynamic Graphing Application.
VI. BUILDING DYNAMIC I-MODE APPLICATIONS.27. The i-mode Java Implementation.
28. Creating the Java iAppli Shell.
29. Adding Functionality to i-mode iAppli.
VII. APPENDIXES.Appendix A. cHTML Reference.
Appendix B. i-mode Character Reference.
Date de parution : 04-2002
Ouvrage de 756 p.
Sous réserve de disponibilité chez l'éditeur.
Prix indicatif 58,42 €Ajouter au panier