World Seas: An Environmental Evaluation (2nd Ed.) Volume III: Ecological Issues and Environmental Impacts
Coordonnateur : Sheppard Charles
World Seas: An Environmental Evaluation, Second Edition, Volume III covers global issues and processes of importance to our seas, such as: biological description of the coast and continental shelf waters
2. Global Status of Coral Reefs
3. Global Status of Kelps
4. Global Status of Salt Marshes
5. Remote sensing of marine environment and habitats
6. Benthic Monitoring
7. Status of seabirds and impacts on their populations
8. Jellyfish Blooms
9. European Fisheries
10. Ghost Fishing
11. Ecological Effects of Aquaculture
12. The Making of a Global Marine Fisheries Catch Database for Policy Development
13. Ballast Water: Problems and Management
14. Debris in Deep Water
15. PCBs and Other Synthetic Compounds
16. Microbial Remediation of Organic Pollutants
17. The Threats from Macro Plastic Pollution
19. Invasive Species
21. Oil Pollution Sources and Effects
22. Clean-Up Techniques
23. Seamounts: Exploitation and Conservation
24. Dead Zones
25. Marine Reserves and Protected Areas
26. Shoreline Defenses
27. Environmental Effects of Marine Transportation
28. Whale and Ship Strikes
29. Very Large MPAs
30. Marine Spatial Planning
31. Port Sustainability
32. Molecular Approaches for an Operational Marine Biodiversity Observation Network
The remainder of his time he works for a range of UN , Governmental and aid agencies in tropical marine and coastal development issues.
He advises several governments on marine and coastal management and science, including the UK Government on its tropical Overseas Territories.
He has organised and led the scientific input to the 2010 creation of the world's largest fully protected marine researce, in the Chagos archipelago, Indian Ocean, where a lot of his research has been focussed.
The other main geographical area of research is the Arabian region.
PhD University of Durham 1976.
Date de parution : 09-2018
Ouvrage de 668 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
285,83 €Ajouter au panier