Microfluidics for Pharmaceutical Applications From Nano/Micro Systems Fabrication to Controlled Drug Delivery Micro and Nano Technologies Series
Coordonnateurs : Santos Helder A., Liu Dongfei, Zhang Hongbo
Microfluidic technology manipulates nanoliter volume of fluids in microchannels to achieve precisely controlled, efficient, and versatile nano/micro fabrications and drug encapsulations. In recent years, considerable efforts and increasing research interests have been devoted towards developing microfluidic templated drug delivery platforms. These microfluidic platforms have revolutionized the drug delivery field, which also have great potential to be scaled-up for industrial applications. This book explores advances in microfluidics for drug delivery applications from different perspectives. Topics cover the device fabrication, fluid dynamics, cutting edge microfluidic technology in global drug delivery industry, lab-on-chip nano/micro fabrication and drug encapsulation, cell encapsulation and delivery, and cell- drug interaction screening.
Microfluidics for Pharmaceutical Applications is concept-orientated and features case studies of utilizing microfluidics for drug delivery applications in an accessible manner. It is a valuable reference resource for understanding microfluidics for drug delivery applications, and also for those developing novel drug delivery platforms using microfluidics.
- Detailed coverage of fabrication of novel drug delivery systems with desired characteristics, such as uniform size, Janus particles, particular or combined responsiveness
- Includes a variety of case studies explaining the principles, providing better understanding for readers
- Focus on commercialization, cost, safety, society and educational issues of microfluidic applications, showing how microfluidics is used in the real world
Section I: Principle of microfluidics
1. Lab-on-a-Chip technology and microfluidics
2. Fluid properties and hydrodynamics of microfluidic systems
3. Diffusion and mixing in microfluidic device
4. Microfluidic production of multicomponent multiple emulsions
Section II: Microfluidics for drug delivery applications
5. Microfabrication and Microfluidic Devices for Drug Delivery
Manabu Tokeshi, Masatoshi Maeki and Nicola Kimura
6. Lab-on-a-chip preparation routes for organic nanomaterials for drug delivery
Enza Torino and Enza Torino
7. Fabrication of different nanomaterials using microfluidic glass capillaries and nanoprecipitation
8. Microfluidic production of inorganic nanomaterials for biomedical applications
9. Lab-on-a-chip synthesis of microparticles for drug encapsulation and controlled release
Liang-Yin Chu and Xiaojie Ju
10. Microfluidic technologies for local drug delivery
11. Droplet-based microfluidics for cell encapsulation and delivery
Dong Chen and Ran Chen
12. Antibody discovery using microfluidic systems
13. Single-cell screening using microfluidic systems
Section III: Microfluidics for analysis and drug delivery
14. Lab-on-a-chip techniques for high throughput proteomics and drug discovery
15. Microfluidics for chemical analysis and sample manipulation for pharmaceutical applications
Tina Marjukka Sikanen
Section IV: Future prospective and commercialization of microfluidic techniques
16. Future of microfluidics in research and in the market
Dongfei Liu is a Postdoctoral Fellow and PI at the Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, University of Helsinki, Finland. He has developed a versatile and robust microfluidics platform to prepare extremely stable drug nanocrystals.
Hongbo Zhang is an Assistant Professor at Åbo Akademi, Finland. His research focuses on nanostructured materials prepared by microfluidics for drug delivery applications.
Date de parution : 10-2018
Ouvrage de 560 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
177,10 €Ajouter au panier