Wound Care Essentials (4th Ed.) Practice Principles
Auteurs : Baranoski Sharon, Ayello Elizabeth A.
The newly expanded and updated Wound Care Essentials: Practice Principles, 4th edition is your go-to clinical guide to assessing and treating the full range of skin and wound conditions--from common to less common, simple to complex, and acute to chronic. This comprehensive, easy-read handbook provides practical guidance on the many aspects of wound care, including the legal, ethical, psychological, and social aspects. This is an essential guide for advanced practice nurses and nurse practitioners, nursing students, physician’s assistants, dermatology physicians, family physicians, and physical therapists. Tap into these evidence-based skills and care strategies, and handle the complexities of wound care with confidence.
Adopt wound care best practices with this fully illustrated, on-the-spot clinical guide
· NEW more than 350 full-color photos and illustrations
· NEW content on areas including: Chronic wound quality-of-life and self-management care models; wound care regulations; skin assessment and skin tears; fistula management; wound bioburden; adjunctant therapies; pressure ulcers; support surfaces; nutrition; palliative care guideline updates
· NEW chapter featuring 36 photos of wounds with test questions, offering:
o An essential visual aid for students
o Crucial training aid for staff at wound centers and in every health care setting
o Vital preparation for Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse (WOCN) certification exam
· Step-by-step directions and guidance on wound assessment, healing stages, treatment options, dressings, pain management, legal and ethical issues, coping patterns, medical documentation
· Patient management strategies for all wound types, including: palliative wound care, sickle cell wounds, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, surgical wounds, and more
· Chapter features include:
o Assessment Guidelines
o Pre-Chapter Objectives; Post-Chapter Summaries
o Practice Point boxes
o Show What You Know - Chapter review questions (with answers at end of book)
o Patient Teaching boxes
Elizabeth A. Ayello PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, CWON, ETN, MAPWCA, FAAN is a leader in the wound care field. She is President of Ayello, Harris, & Associates, Inc., and the Senior Advisor at the John A. Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing in New York. She currently serves on the faculty at Excelsior College School of Nursing.
Date de parution : 09-2015
Ouvrage de 608 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
74,00 €Ajouter au panier