The Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) Meeting the challenge of biodiversity conservation and governance Routledge Studies in Biodiversity Politics and Management Series
Coordonnateurs : Hrabanski Marie, Pesche Denis
Twenty years after the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) entered into force, the founding of the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) in 2012 was the outcome of a long process of setting biodiversity issues at the top of the global environmental agenda. With contributions from more than a dozen well-renowned researchers in political science, law and sociology, this book analyzes IPBES functioning and challenges in terms of the knowledge selection process and actors involved.
The book reveals that, through its conceptual framework, IPBES promotes a pluralistic view of nature that calls for a broadening of the disciplinary frontiers. It combines natural science and social science research and also includes indigenous and local knowledge. IPBES is considered to represent the institutionalization of a permanent knowledge assessment on biodiversity and is often referred to as an IPCC success story, constituting a new stage in global environmental governance. In analyzing the knowledge selection process for IPBES decision making, the book better situates IPBES within the biodiversity and global governance domain. It ultimately argues that the establishment of IPBES provides a new opportunity to coordinate the different international conventions (CBD, RAMSAR, CITES, etc.) and initiatives (international assessment of marine biology, scientific programs, funding, etc.).
1. Introduction, Analyzing IPBES Functioning within the Biodiversity Regime Complex and Beyond
Marie Hrabanski and Denis Pesche
2. IPBES and Governance of the International Biodiversity Regime Complex
Daniel Compagnon and Philippe Le Prestre
3. The Birth of a Science-policy Interface for Biodiversity: The History of IPBES
4. IPBES Mandate and Governance
Denis Pesche, Guillaume Futhazar and Sandrine Maljean
5. From Climate to Biodiversity: Procedural Transcriptions and Innovations within IPBES in Light of IPCC’s Practices
6. The IPCC Experience and Lessons for the IPBES
Daniel Compagnon and Wolfgang Cramer
7. Making the IPBES Conceptual Framework: A Rosetta Stone?
Maud Borie and Denis Pesche
8. Building Process, Effectiveness and Limits of an IPBES Stakeholder Group
Marie Hrabanski, Mohamed Oubenal and Denis Pesche
9. Capacity Building for Global Science-policy Interface Activities: Establishment of the IPBES Task Force on Capacity Building
10. Indigenous Challenges under IPBES: Embracing Indigenous Knowledge and Beyond
Claudio Chiarolla and Annalisa Savaresi
11. First Thematic Assessment on Pollination: Between the Legitimization of IPBES and Tensions Regarding the Selection of Knowledge and Experts
Fanny Duperray, Marie Hrabanski and Mohamed Oubenal
Philippe Le Prestre
Date de parution : 01-2019
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 12 jours).
Prix indicatif 52,66 €Ajouter au panier
Date de parution : 10-2016
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 13 jours).
Prix indicatif 161,07 €Ajouter au panier