Switchmode RF and Microwave Power Amplifiers (2nd Ed.)
Auteurs : Grebennikov Andrei, Sokal Nathan O., Franco Marc J
Combining solid theoretical discussions with practical design examples, this book is an essential reference on developing RF and microwave switchmode power amplifiers.
With this book you will be able to:
- Design high-efficiency RF and microwave power amplifiers on different types of bipolar and field-effect transistors using well-known and novel theoretical approaches, nonlinear simulation tools, and practical design techniques
- Design any type of high-efficiency switchmode power amplifiers operating in Class D or E at lower frequencies and in Class E or F and their subclasses at microwave frequencies, with specified output power
- Understand the theory and practical implementation of load-network design techniques based on lumped and transmission-line elements
- Combine multi-stage Doherty architecture and switchmode power amplifiers to significantly increase efficiency of the entire radio transmitter
- Learn the different types of predistortion linearization techniques required to improve the quality of signal transmission in a nonlinear amplifying system
New to this edition:
- Comprehensive overview of different Doherty architectures which are, and will be used in modern communication systems to save power consumption and reduce costs
- A new chapter on analog and digital predistortion techniques
- Coverage of broadband Class-F power amplifiers, high-power inverse Class-F power amplifiers for WCDMA systems, broadband Class-E techniques
- Unique focus on switchmode RF and microwave power amplifiers that are widely used in cellular/wireless, satellite and radar communication systems and which offer major power consumption savings
- Complete coverage of the new Doherty architecture which offers major efficiencies and savings on power consumption
- Balances theory with practical implementatation, avoiding a cookbook approach, enabling engineers to develop better designs
- Trusted content from leading figures in the field with a Foreword of endorsement by Zoya Popovic
1. Power amplifier design principles 2. Class-D power amplifiers 3. Class-F power amplifiers 4. Inverse Class F 5. Class E with shunt capacitance 6. Class E with finite dc-feed inductance 7. Class E with quarterwave transmission line 8. Broadband Class E 9. Alternative and mixed-mode high-efficiency power amplifiers 10. High-efficiency Doherty power amplifiers 11. Predistortion linearization techniques 12. Computer-aided design of switchmode power amplifiers
RF/wireless and microwave engineers and designers; university researchers, graduate students
Date de parution : 06-2012
Ouvrage de 677 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
101,54 €Ajouter au panier