Practical weight management in dogs and cats (paperback)
Auteur : TOWELL Todd L.
The book begins by explaining the clinical importance of obesity, then moves on to diagnosing and preventing obesity. The heart of the book is devoted to managing body weight, with chapters on nutritional, pharmacotherapeutic, and exercise strategies, and two unique chapters cover owner compliance and wellness programs. Practical Weight Management in Dogs and Cats offers a collaborative approach to managing weight in pet dogs and cats.
- Offers essential information for veterinarians and technicians alike to address pet obesity in the veterinary clinic
- Takes a thorough, clinically oriented approach to preventing and managing obesity
- Addresses the clinical importance, diagnosis, prevention and management of canine and feline obesity
- Offers information on taking a nutritional history, body condition scoring, calculating food dosage, types of food options, and communicating with clients
- Provides specific, practical strategies for managing body weight in pets
- Includes unique chapters on owner compliance and implementing a wellness program
Chapter 1. Clinical Importance of Canine and Feline Obesity (P. Jane Armstrong and Angela L. Lusby).
Chapter 2. Diagnosing Obesity (Todd L. Towell).
Chapter 3. Preventing Obesity (Mark A. Brady).
Chapter 4. Nutritional Management of Obesity (Todd L. Towell and S. Dru Forrester).
Chapter 5. Pharmacotherapy for Management of Canine Obesity (Sharon Campbell).
Chapter 6. Therapeutic Exercises (Denis J. Marcellin-Little).
Chapter 7. Owner Education and Compliance (Kara Burns and Todd L. Towell).
Chapter 8. Implementing a Weight Management Program (Rebecca L. Remillard).
Date de parution : 09-2011
Ouvrage de 248 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 12 jours).
Prix indicatif 54,68 €Ajouter au panier