Policing in America (8th Ed.)
Auteur : Gaines Larry
In the field of law enforcement in the United States, it is essential to know the contemporary problems being faced and combine that knowledge with empirical research and theoretical reasoning to arrive at best practices and an understanding of policing. Policing in America, Eighth Edition, provides a thorough analysis of the key issues in policing today, and offers an issues-oriented discussion focusing on critical concerns such as personnel systems, organization and management, operations, discretion, use of force, culture and behavior, ethics and deviance, civil liability, and police-community relations. A critical assessment of police history and the role politics played in the development of American police institutions is also addressed, as well as globalization, terrorism, and homeland security.
This new edition not only offers updated research and examples, it also incorporates more ways for the reader to connect to the content through learning objectives, discussion questions, and "Myths and Realities of Policing" boxes. Video and Internet links provide additional coverage of important issues. With completely revised and updated chapters, Policing in America, Eighth Edition provides an up-to-date examination of what to expect as a police officer in America.
- In full color, including photographs and illustrations
- Video links provide additional coverage of topics discussed in the text
- Learning objectives, critical thinking questions, and review questions in every chapter help to reinforce key concepts
- Updated video links, figures, and “Myths and Realities of Policing boxes provide important context
- Includes all-new content, such as further coverage of violent crime reduction programs, gangs, and drug use
2. Historical Perspectives
3. Personnel Systems
4. Organization and Management
5. Police Operations
6. Police Discretion
7. Police Use of Force
8. Police Culture and Behavior
9. Ethics and Deviance
10. Civil Liability
11. Police in the Community
12. Violent Crimes, Gangs, and the Drug Problem
13. Terrorism and Homeland Security
Date de parution : 07-2017
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 13 jours).
209,19 €Ajouter au panier
Date de parution : 08-2014
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
Prix indicatif 80,59 €Ajouter au panier