Modern christian thought, volume ii (2° ed )
Auteurs : LIVINGSTON James, FIORENZA Francis Schussler, COAKLEY Sarah, EVANS JamesLangue : Anglais
Prix indicatif 55,07 €
Sous réserve de disponibilité chez l'éditeur.Ajouter au panier le livre de LIVINGSTON James, FIORENZA Francis Schussler, COAKLEY Sarah, EVANS James
Ouvrage 544 p. · Broché
VOLUME I: Introduction: Modernity and Christianity.
1. The Enlightenment and Modern Christianity.
2. The Religion of Reason.
3. The Breakdown of the Religion of Reason.
4. Christianity and Romanticism: Protestant Thought.
5. Christianity and Speculative Idealism.
6. Romanticism and French Catholic Thought: Traditionalism and Fideism.
7. Romanticism and the Anglo-Catholic Revival: The Oxford Movement.
8. Catholic Thought in Germany and England: The T bingen School and John Henry Newman.
9. The Post-Hegelian Critique of Christianity in Germany.
10. The Encounter Between Science and Theology: Biblical Criticism and Darwinism.
11. The Ritschlian Theology and Protestant Liberalism.
12. Movements of Recovery and Conservation: The Princeton Theology.
13. Movements of Recovery and Conservation: Ultramontanism and the Neo-Thomistic Revival.
14. Roman Catholic Thought at the End of the Century: The New Apologetics and Modernism.
15. Kierkegaard and Nietzsche: Toward the Twentieth Century.
- NEW Reorganizes content into two volumesVol. I covers the Enlightenment and the 19th century, Vol. II explores contemporary Christian thought in the 20th century.
- Gives instructors greater course flexibility.
- A comprehensive examination of major figures and movements in both Catholic and Protestant thought since the Enlightenment in both Europe and America.
- Provides balanced coverage of both Catholic and Protestant thought.
- Focus on developments in historical, philosophical, and apologetical theology The encounter between Christian ideas and modern philosophy, history, and the natural sciences, rather than the development of particular doctrines per se.
- Shows students the context in which a movem