Mathematics for Physical Chemistry (4th Ed.)
Auteur : Mortimer Robert G.
Mathematics for Physical Chemistry is the ideal supplementary text for practicing chemists and students who want to sharpen their mathematics skills while enrolled in general through physical chemistry courses. This book specifically emphasizes the use of mathematics in the context of physical chemistry, as opposed to being simply a mathematics text.
This 4e includes new exercises in each chapter that provide practice in a technique immediately after discussion or example and encourage self-study. The early chapters are constructed around a sequence of mathematical topics, with a gradual progression into more advanced material. A final chapter discusses mathematical topics needed in the analysis of experimental data.
- Numerous examples and problems interspersed throughout the presentations
- Each extensive chapter contains a preview and objectives
- Includes topics not found in similar books, such as a review of general algebra and an introduction to group theory
- Provides chemistry-specific instruction without the distraction of abstract concepts or theoretical issues in pure mathematics
1. Problem Solving and Numerical Mathematics
2. Mathematical Functions
3. Problem Solving and Symbolic Mathematics: Algebra
4. Vectors and Vector Algebra
5. Problem Solving and the Solution of Algebraic Equations
6. Differential Calculus
7. Integral Calculus
8. Differential Calculus With Several Independent Variables
9. Integral Calculus With Several Independent Variables
10. Mathematical Series
11. Functional Series and Integral Transforms
12. Differential Equations
13. Operators, Matrices, and Group Theory
14. The Solution of Simultaneous Algebraic Equations with More than Two Unknowns
15. Probability, Statistics, and Experimental Errors
16. Data Reduction and the Propagation of Errors
New chemistry researchers; freshmen through juniors, seniors and graduates students enrolled in general through physical chemistry courses; especially students in lower- and upper-division honors chemistry courses.
Date de parution : 07-2013
Ouvrage de 272 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
53,96 €Ajouter au panier