Auteur : KUHNLangue : Anglais
Thèmes de Laser engineering :
Sous réserve de disponibilité chez l'éditeur.Ajouter au panier le livre de KUHN
Ouvrage 476 p. · 24.2x18.1 cm · Relié
- Introduces the fundamental principles of lasers which are immediately relevant to the lasers that students will encounter in the workplace. Balancing theory with engineering examples from well-established laser companies, the book also provides an important and practical design resource.
1. Introduction to Lasers.
2. Energy States and Gain.
3. The Fabry-Perot Etalon.
4. Transverse Mode Properties.
5. Gain Saturation.
6. Transient Processes.
7. Introduction to Nonlinear Optics.
8. Supportive Technologies.
II. Design of Laser Systems.
9. Conventional Gas Lasers.
10. Conventional Solid State Lasers.
11. Transition-Metal Solid-State Lasers.
12. Other Major Commercial Lasers.
- Integrates the science and design of lasers, with chapters 1-8 focusing on the physics, and chapters 9-12 emphasizing laser design.
- Presents extensive open-ended problems in design to give students the opportunity to apply skills they have learned.
- Presents and discusses actual laser systems from major companies.
- Covers important support technologies that are part of the real systems students will one day be working with.
- Provides an introduction to non-linear optics suitable for undergraduate students.
- Includes a glossary of basic laser terms.
- Incorporates material on basic laser safety.
- Includes a summary of basic optics commonly used in laser engineering.
- Includes extensive problem sets (with MathCAD solutions available to the instruct