Headache and Migraine Biology and Management
Coordonnateurs : Diamond Seymour, Cady Roger K., Diamond Merle L., Green Mark W., Martin Vincent T.
There are two crucial issues in the treatment and management of headache patients: More than 50% of individuals experiencing headache have only been treated symptomatically, with no appropriate diagnosis established; and history and neurologic examination are essential to establishing a diagnosis, and thus selecting appropriate therapy.
Headache and Migraine Biology and Management is a practical text that addresses these issues, featuring contributions from expert clinical authors. The book covers in detail topics including chronic and episodic migraine, post-traumatic headache, sinus headache, cluster headache, tension headache, and others. Chapters are also dedicated to treatment subjects, including psychiatric and psychological approaches, medication overuse, inpatient treatment, and pediatric issues.
This book is an ideal resource for researchers and clinicians, uniting practical discussion of headache biology, current ideas on etiology, future research, and genetic significance and breakthroughs. This resource is useful to those who want to understand headache biology, treat and manage symptoms, and for those performing research in the headache field.
- A practical discussion of headache biology, current ideas on etiology, future research, and genetic significance and breakthroughs
- Features chapters from leading physicians and researchers in headache medicine
- Full-color text that includes both an overview of multiple disciplines and discusses the measures that can be used to treat headaches
2. Classification, Mechanism, Biochemistry, and Genetics of Headache - Andrew H. Ahn
3. Evaluation of the Headache Patient in the Computer Age - Edmund John Messina
4. Screening and Testing of the Headache Patient - George R. Nissan
5. Overview of Migraine: Recognition, Diagnosis, and Pathophysiology - Mark W. Green and Rachel Colman
6. Complicated Migraine - Mark W. Green and Rachel Colman
7. Cerebrovascular Disease and Migraine - Michael Star and José Biller
8. Acute and Preventative Treatment of Episodic Migraine - Roger K. Cady and Kathleen Farmer
9. The Disease of Chronic Migraine: Diagnosis and Management - Roger K. Cady and Paul Durham
10. Gender-based Issues in Headache - Merle L. Diamond
11. Cluster Headache - Frederick G. Freitag and Jon Florczak
12. Tension-Type Headache - Robert G. Kaniecki
13. Post-Traumatic Headache - Sylvia M. Lucas
14. Headache and the Eye - Benjamin Frishberg
15. Cranial Neuralgias, Sinus Headache, and Vestibular Migraine - Jan Lewis Brandes
16. Cervicogenic Headache - Wade Cooper and Amit Masih
17. Headache in Children and Adolescents - Jack Gladstein, Howard Jacobs and David Rothner A
18. The Psychiatric Approach to Headache - Robert B. Shulman
19. Psychological Approaches to Headache - Elizabeth K. Seng and Steven M. Baskin
20. Too Much of a Good Thing: Medication Overuse Headache - Duren Michael Ready
21. Presentation of Headache in the Emergency Department and Its Triage - Benjamin W. Friedman
22. Headache Clinics - Merle L. Diamond
23. Inpatient Treatment of Headaches - Alexander Feoktistov
24. Newer Research and Its Significance - Vincent Martin
Neuroscientists, neurologists, biomedical researchers, psychologists, psychiatrists, and headache medicine specialists
Date de parution : 03-2015
Ouvrage de 334 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
110,33 €Ajouter au panier