Fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics (3rd Ed.)
Auteur : House J. E.
Fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics, Third Edition is a clear and detailed introduction to quantum mechanics and its applications in chemistry and physics. All required math is clearly explained, including intermediate steps in derivations, and concise review of the math is included in the text at appropriate points. Most of the elementary quantum mechanical models?including particles in boxes, rigid rotor, harmonic oscillator, barrier penetration, hydrogen atom?are clearly and completely presented. Applications of these models to selected ?real world topics are also included.
This new edition includes many new topics such as band theory and heat capacity of solids, spectroscopy of molecules and complexes (including applications to ligand field theory), and small molecules of astrophysical interest.
- Accessible style and colorful illustrations make the content appropriate for professional researchers and students alike
- Presents results of quantum mechanical calculations that can be performed with readily available software
- Provides exceptionally clear discussions of spin-orbit coupling and group theory, and comprehensive coverage of barrier penetration (quantum mechanical tunneling) that touches upon hot topics, such as superconductivity and scanning tunneling microscopy
- Problems given at the end of each chapter help students to master concepts
2. The Methods of Quantum Mechanics
3. Particles in Boxes
4. The Hydrogen Atom
5. Structure and Properties of More Complex Atoms
6. Vibrations and the Harmonic Oscillator
7. Molecular Rotation and Spectroscopy
8. Bonding and Properties of Diatomic Molecules
9. The Hückel Molecular Orbital Method
10. Molecular Structure and Symmetry
11. Molecular Spectroscopy
12. Spectroscopy of Metal Complexes
13. Barrier Penetration
14. Comments on Computational Methods
Date de parution : 04-2017
Ouvrage de 372 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
Prix indicatif 82,80 €Ajouter au panier