Forensic chemistry handbook
Coordonnateur : Kobilinsky Lawrence
A concise, robust introduction to the various topics covered by the discipline of forensic chemistry
The Forensic Chemistry Handbook focuses on topics in each of the major chemistry-related areas of forensic science. With chapter authors that span the forensic chemistry field, this book exposes readers to the state of the art on subjects such as serology (including blood, semen, and saliva), DNA/molecular biology, explosives and ballistics, toxicology, pharmacology, instrumental analysis, arson investigation, and various other types of chemical residue analysis. In addition, the Forensic Chemistry Handbook:
Covers forensic chemistry in a clear, concise, and authoritative way
Brings together in one volume the key topics in forensics where chemistry plays an important role, such as blood analysis, drug analysis, urine analysis, and DNA analysis
Explains how to use analytical instruments to analyze crime scene evidence
Contains numerous charts, illustrations, graphs, and tables to give quick access to pertinent information
Media focus on high-profile trials like those of Scott Peterson or Kobe Bryant have peaked a growing interest in the fascinating subject of forensic chemistry. For those readers who want to understand the mechanisms of reactions used in laboratories to piece together crime scenes*and to fully grasp the chemistry behind it*this book is a must-have.
2. Principles and Issues in Forensic Analysis of Explosives.
3. Analysis of Fire Debris.
4. Forensic Examination of Soils.
5. Analysis of Paint Evidence.
6. Analysis Techniques Used for the Forensic Examination of Writing and Printing Inks.
7. The Role of Vibrational Spectroscopy in Forensic Chemistry.
8. Forensic Serology.
9. Forensic DNA Analysis.
10. Current and Future Uses of DNA Microarrays in Forensic Science.
11. Date-Rape Drugs with Emphasis of GHB.
12. Forensic and Clinical Issues in Alcohol Analysis.
13. Fundamental Issues of Postmortem Toxicology.
14. Entomotoxicology: Drugs, Toxins and Insects.
Date de parution : 01-2012
Ouvrage de 512 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 12 jours).
Prix indicatif 143,49 €Ajouter au panier