Aquatic Ecotoxicology Advancing Tools for Dealing with Emerging Risks
Coordonnateurs : Amiard-Triquet Claude, Amiard Jean-Claude, Mouneyrac Catherine
Aquatic Ecotoxicology: Advancing Tools for Dealing with Emerging Risks presents a thorough look at recent advances in aquatic ecotoxicology and their application in assessing the risk of well-known and emerging environmental contaminants.
This essential reference, brought together by leading experts in the field, guides users through existing and novel approaches to environmental risk assessment, then presenting recent advances in the field of ecotoxicology, including omics-based technologies, biomarkers, and reference species.
The book then demonstrates how these advances can be used to design and perform assays to discover the toxicological endpoints of emerging risks within the aquatic environment, such as nanomaterials, personal care products, PFOS and chemical mixtures. The text is an invaluable reference for any scientist who studies the effects of contaminants on organisms that live within aquatic environments.
- Provides the latest perspectives on emerging toxic risks to aquatic environments, such as nanomaterials, pharmaceuticals, chemical mixtures, and perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS)
- Offers practical guidance on recent advances to help in choosing the most appropriate toxicological assay
- Presents case studies and information on a variety of reference species to help put the ecotoxicological theory into practical risk assess
- Conventional Risk Assessment
- Retrospective Assessment and Environmental Monitoring
- How to Improve Exposure Assessment
- From Incorporation to Toxicity
- From Microcosms to Mesocosms and Field
- Individual Biomarkers
- Reference Species
- Endobenthic Invertebrates as Reference Species
- Filter-feeding Bivalves as Reference Species in the Water Column
- Gammarids as Reference Species in Freshwater
- Copepods as Reference Species in Estuarine and Marine Waters
- Fish as Reference Species in Different Water Masses
- Biological Responses at Supra-individual Levels
- Ecotoxicological Risk of Endocrine Disruptors
- Ecotoxicological Risk of Personal Care Products and Pharmaceuticals
- Ecotoxicological Risk of Nanomaterials
- Ecotoxicological Risk of Mixtures
- General Conclusions
Date de parution : 08-2015
Ouvrage de 518 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
100,44 €Ajouter au panier