Advances in Tuna Aquaculture From Hatchery to Market
Coordonnateurs : Benetti Daniel, Partridge Gavin, Buentello Alejandro
Advances in Tuna Aquaculture: From Hatchery to Market provides detailed overviews on the current status of tuna fisheries, fattening, and farming practices, as well as advances in closed-cycle tuna aquaculture. Contributors are renowned scientists, internationally recognized as authorities in their fields. This book addresses all basic and applied aspects of tuna aquaculture, presenting and discussing the global status of tuna fisheries, reproduction, broodstock management, spawning, larval rearing and early developmental stages including nursery and grow out methods. It presents incorporates the most comprehensive and updated data, statistics, and trends in tuna fisheries and aquaculture, covering and addresses a variety of topics ranging fromfrom endocrinology, nutrition, diseases, and genetics to economics and markets. It covers describes recent up-to-date progress on tuna aquaculture and hatchery development. It also provides a synopsisn overview of the challenges presently confronted by tuna aquaculturists,facing tuna aquaculture and and offers innovative views on the challengesbottle-neck issues faced by the industry with the current shift from fisheries to fattening to closed-cycle aquaculture.
This is the first book to encompass all aspects related to the tuna aquaculture industry, and merges them into a state-of-the-art compendium that will serve as seminal reference for students, researchers, and professionals working with tuna biology, fisheries, and aquaculture worldwide.
- Incorporates and reviews the most recent information on tuna fisheries and aquaculture
- Presents the most innovative production technologies in tuna aquaculture, from hatchery to market
- Includes important information on tuna, derived from industry experience and academic research on larval rearing technology and grow out operations
- Encompasses and discusses key topics such as genetics, diseases, nutrition, endocrinology, and reproduction, as well as developments, challenges, and future opportunities in tuna aquaculture
- Provides the latest scientific methods and technologies to maximize efficiencies and production
- Presents the independent and collective assessments, viewpoints, and visions of various scientists, all internationally recognized as authorities in the field
CHAPTER 1. Overview on Status and Progress in Tuna Aquaculture Around the World
CHAPTER 2. The Fisheries for Tunas in the Eastern Pacific Ocean
CHAPTER 3. Eastern Atlantic Bluefin Tuna: Challenges Faced by Management of the Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Stock Related to the Development of Mediterranean Bluefin Tuna Farming
CHAPTER 4. From Ocean to Farm: Capture-Based Aquaculture of Bluefin Tuna in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea
CHAPTER 5. Research on the Reproductive Biology and Early Life History of Yellowfin Tuna in Panama
CHAPTER 6. Tuna Aquaculture in Europe with Focus on Hatchery Technology
CHAPTER 7. Reproduction, Broodstock Management, and Spawning in Captive Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
CHAPTER 8. Tuna Farming in Japan and Mexico
CHAPTER 9. Ranching of Southern Bluefin Tuna in Australia
CHAPTER 10. Southern Bluefin Tuna Captive Breeding in Australia
CHAPTER 11. Tuna Diseases in Aquaculture
CHAPTER 12. Nutrition of Cultured Tuna Species
CHAPTER 13. Genetics in Tuna Aquaculture
CHAPTER 14. Tuna Economics and Markets
Researchers, professionals, and students of aquaculture, marine biologists, fisheries, policy makers, etc. anyone working in sustainable seafood
Date de parution : 12-2015
Ouvrage de 376 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
158,56 €Ajouter au panier