Basic Physics of Nanoscience Traditional Approaches and New Aspects at the Ultimate Level
Auteur : Schommers Wolfram
The Physics of Nanoscience deals with the description of properties at nanolevel and self-organizing quantum processes of nanosystems. The state of the art is presented, and also future developments are theoretically discussed. The book starts with simple nanosystems and shows that the properties of nanosystems are very sensitive to small variations in the interaction potential, much more than in the bulk case. The structure and dynamics of nanosystems as a function of temperature is also discussed. Then self-organizing quantum processes - which are essential in the design of new nanosystems - are analyzed in detail and new aspects related to the quantum-theoretical nature of time are discussed leading to an expansion of the basic laws through nanotechnology. The book ends with a discussion of the effect of nanotechnological manipulations of brain functions and the need for the development of reliable models for the matter-mind complex.
- Discusses nanoscience at the ultimate level where the properties of molecular (atomic) matter emerge
- Argues classical approaches in nanoscience as well as new aspects such as the quantum-physical nature of time
- Features an interdisciplinary approach, covering various disciplines such as physics, behavior research, brain research, the matter-mind-problem, and philosophical implications
- Written by famous scientist in nanophysics
1. Complexity of Nanosystems 2. Levels of Theoretical Descriptions 3. Traditional Descriptions (classical and usual quantum-theoretical approaches) 4. Materials Science and Nanodesign: Some Simple Examples 5. Brain Functions 6. Ultimate Level and the Descriptions on it 7. The Physics of Becoming 8. On the Relevance and the Description of Self-organizing Systems 9. The Problem with Time (Schrödinger, Pauli, Prigogine) 10. A Quantum-Theoretical Aspect of Time
Advanced students and researchers at academia in physics, materials science and neuroscience
He has published his researches and thoughts in 214 articles and book chapters. He authored/edited the following books: Nanodesign (World Scientific, 2014), Quantum Processes (World Scientific, 2011), Handbook of Theoretical and Computational Nanotechnology (10 volume set), (ASPBS, 2006).
He is Principle Editor of the Book Series Foundations of Natural Science and Technology (World Scientific), Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, and Quantum Matter, European Editor of Advanced Science Letters (American Science Publishers). From 2005 to 2011 he was Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Modern Physics B (World Scientific), and Modern Physics Letters B (World Scientific). He is Invited Member of the Humboldt Academy, Academic Board of the Humboldt Society, and Advisory Board of Medical Ethics of the 21th Century.
Date de parution : 09-2018
Ouvrage de 312 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
Prix indicatif 177,10 €Ajouter au panier