Aging, Nutrition and Taste Nutrition, Food Science and Culinary Perspectives for Aging Tastefully Nutrition, Food Science and Culinary Perspectives for Aging Tastefully
Auteur : Marcus Jacqueline B.
Aging, Nutrition and Taste Nutrition, Food Science and Culinary Perspectives for Aging Tastefully discusses global aging and how to healthfully feed the rapidly growing aging population through an integrated approach to nutrition, food science and the culinary arts. The book will be useful to readers with its focus on practical tips and techniques, products, recipes and menus that increase the desirability, consumption and gratification of healthy foods and beverages for elderly people. It addresses the physical and nutritional changes of aging and how they affect food intake and wellness, and how foods and beverages can, and should still be, appealing and satisfying.
- Presents information on new theories, including a fresh look at calcium, cholesterol, fibers, omega 3-fatty acids, higher protein requirements, and vitamins C, E and D
- Includes case studies, shorter blocks of copy, usable bytes of information, easy to access/usable definitions, guidelines and recommendations
- Synthesizes overall insights in an introduction and summary of each chapter, identifying relevant material from other chapters to clarify their pertinence
2. Nutritional and Physical Concerns in Aging
3. The Senses, Chemosensory Changes and Aging
4. A Taste Primer
5. A Smell Primer
6. Flavor Enhancement Ingredients
7. Flavor Enhancement Techniques
8. Meeting Aging Nutritional and Disease-Specific Needs
9. Culinary Considerations for the Aging
10. Menus and Recipes that Appeal to Aging Palates
11. Cooking Aids, Tableware Tips and Dining Advice
12. Prime Time Resources: Aging and Tasting Tools
Those who research, educate and/or develop foods for the aging. An important compliment to the curriculum in gerontology programs at colleges and universities
Date de parution : 04-2019
Ouvrage de 504 p.
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 14 jours).
145,45 €Ajouter au panier