A New Era for Collaborative Forest Management Policy and Practice insights from the Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program The Earthscan Forest Library Series
Coordonnateurs : Butler William H., Schultz Courtney A.
This book assesses the Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program (CFLRP) and identifies lessons learned for governance and policy through this new and innovative approach to collaborative forest management.
Unlike anything else in US public land management, the CFLRP is a nationwide program that requires collaboration throughout the life of national forest restoration projects, joining agency partners and local stakeholder groups in a kind of decade-long restoration marriage. This book provides a comprehensive assessment of the governance dynamics of the program, examining: questions about collaborative governance processes and the dynamics of trust, accountability and capacity; how scientific information is used in making decisions and integrated into adaptive management processes; and the topic of collaboration through implementation, an underdeveloped area of collaborative governance literature. Bringing together chapters from a community of social science and policy researchers who have conducted studies across multiple CFLRP projects, this volume generates insights, not just about the program, but also about dynamics that are central to collaborative and landscape approaches to land management and relevant for broader practice.
This volume is a timely and important contribution to environmental governance scholarship. It will be of interest to researchers and students of natural resource management, environmental governance, and forestry, as well as practitioners and policy makers involved in forest and ecosystem restoration efforts, and collaborative natural resource management more broadly.
Introduction: The Changing Landscape of Collaborative Forest Restoration
Courtney A. Schultz and William H. Butler
1. Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration in Action: An Overview of the CFLRP cases
William H. Butler and Bryce Esch
Part I: Collaborative Governance Dynamics
2. Trust Ecology and Collaborative Natural Resource Management
Marc J. Stern and Kimberly J. Coleman
3. Navigating accountability tensions in collaborative ecological restoration of public lands
Rachel A. Christensen and William H. Butler
4. Creating and Sustaining Collaborative Capacity for Forest Landscape Restoration
Clare M. Ryan and Lauren S. Urgenson
5. Commentary on Collaborative Governance Dynamics
Emily Jane Davis
Part II: Science and Adaptive Management in Collaborative Restoration
6. From conflict to shared visions: Science, learning, and developing common ground
Eric Toman, Emily H. Walpole, and Alex Heeren
7. Challenges and opportunities for collaborative adaptive management in forest landscape restoration
Antony S. Cheng, Gregory H. Aplet, and Amy E.M. Waltz
8. Use of Scientific Information to Inform Decision Making on CFLRP Projects
Melanie M. Colavito
9. Commentary on Science and Adaptive Management in Collaborative Restoration
Susan Jane Brown
Part III: Collaborative Implementation
10. Collaborative Implementation: Implications for Adaptive Management and Restoration
William H. Butler, Ashley Monroe, and Sarah McCaffrey
11. Participating in Collaborative Implementation: The Role of Collaborative History and Context
Hannah A. Bergemann, Courtney A. Schultz, and Antony S. Cheng
12. Policy Design to Support Collaborative Landscape Restoration: Lessons from the CFLRP
Courtney A. Schultz and Kathleen B. McIntyre
13. Commentary on Collaborative Implementation
Conclusion: The Future of Collaborative Forest Restoration: Scholarship, Policy and Practice
William Butler and Courtney Schultz
Date de parution : 01-2019
Disponible chez l'éditeur (délai d'approvisionnement : 13 jours).
Prix indicatif 161,07 €Ajouter au panier